With that being said, the basic tenets have not changed at all:
No personally identifying data is being collected unless you share it with the Site, and no data that you choose to share with the Site will be shared with any third party (the only exceptions to this are when you comment publicly on the site and if sharing data is required by law).
2. About This Policy
The goal of this Policy is to:
- Explain why we collect the data and what we use it for.
- Explain how we collect data.
- Explain what data we collect.
- Explain your rights regarding the collection, use, updating, and deletion of that data.
Throughout this Policy, Online Selling Experiment is referred to as both the ‘Site’ and us/we.
3. What data is collected?
The Site collects two types of data: personally identifiable data and non-personally identifiable data.
Personally identifiable data that may be collected by the Site if you choose to share it includes:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your time zone
- Your geographic location (City, State, and/or country)
- Details regarding your business and/or experience level
- Your website
In addition to the listed data, additional data may be collected relating to your usage and interaction with the site, but none of this data is personally identifiable. In other words, the additional data we collect does not identify you in any way.
An example of this type of data collection is keeping a log of your interaction with emails and the website so that we can stop sending you emails if you no longer show interest in the Site’s content. This data is also used to improve the Site and to refine the content and offers that are sent to you.
4. Why does the Site collect data and what is it used for?
Your personal data is collected in order to improve your experience with Online Selling Experiment and to promote products or services that you may find beneficial (both offered by the Site and by third parties.
By providing your name and email, you allow us to share additional resources with you, including a weekly email about the latest things happening around the world that relate to selling online.
If you choose to share additional details, they are used to further refine your experience.
For example, if you indicate that you are new to selling online and don’t have a business, we’ll try to cater the things we update you about based on your experience level. If you indicate that you are already a high-level seller, we’ll try not to waste your time with beginner information and know that you’re more likely to find value in the coaching program.
In other words, any data that we collect is being used to maximize the amount of value we can offer you while minimizing the amount of content and emails that you have to read. Our number one goal is improving your experience with the Site.
5. How do we collect your personal data?
Your personally identifying data is only collected when you explicitly share it with the Site. This includes:
- Sharing your name and/or email address when you sign up for the newsletter.
- Sharing your name and/or email address when offered a coupon.
- Sharing your name and/or email via other forms displayed during your time on the site.
- Submitting details when purchasing a course, book, or other product.
- Submitting details when enrolling in memberships and/or coaching.
- Enrolling in webinars.
- Submitting comments.
- Other instances when you choose to share your information directly with the Site or it’s operators, whether that be through email, phone, form submission, chat, or other communication medium.
If that list seems big, it’s only out of a desire to be as thorough as possible. Once again, your data is only collected when you share it directly with the site through forms or other communication.
6. Your data rights.
With the passing of the GDPR in the EU, the following rights are given to EU citizens by law.
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data
- Right to Object –
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
Online Selling Experiment is not responsible for the data collection or privacy policies of any third party that is linked to from the Site. If you provide personal information to a third party, Online Selling Experiment is not responsible for any aspect of that relationship, including data sharing and financial agreements.
8. Updates to this Policy
We are committed to safe and appropriate use of data. This Policy will be updated as needed to reflect that.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ryan Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.